- Enhance a close working relationship with Torrance Unified to improve services, reduce costs and help our schools remain top performing.
- Work collaboratively to improve shared facilities and field usage, coordinate services (such as after school programs and community education), investigate shared vendors, and coordinate teen programs.
- Continue the City’s help for schools, including crossing guards and school resource officers, for the safety of our school age children.
Experience/Qualifications to Lead the Plan
- As an El Camino trustee, supported dual enrollment so Torrance students can earn college credit while at high school.
- At El Camino, advocated for Open Education Resources, which saved students $1 million in textbook costs annually.
- Campaigned for Measures Y and Z to help improve Torrance schools.
- As a Torrance Commissioner, ensured that students had access to the Torrance plunge.