I'm running to bring Torrance together. As a former Torrance Councilman, businessman and elected El Camino College trustee, I know that together, we can tackle Torrance’s toughest problems.
More than 80 community leaders – across the political spectrum – have endorsed my candidacy for the June 7, 2022 election. They believe that my experienced, independent leadership - leading the Red Cross national blood donation program's 2,000 team members and 3 million volunteers, reversing multiple years of declining profit margins for a biomedical company, serving 13 years in elected office and guiding a dozen nonprofits - can help the City.
I grew up in the South Bay - and my wife, Diane, and I, care deeply about this community. Here in Torrance, we own our home and our business, our parents live, and our two children, Lincoln and Pearl, attend Torrance schools.
So as mayor, I will focus on the critical issues facing our City:
- Bring our community together
- Turn around Torrance’s financial condition – the 4th worst in the State
- Help the unhoused and preserving neighborhoods
- Advocate for public safety – driving excellence and enhanced training
- Support for seniors
- School-city partnerships to help schoolkids through a revamped approach
- Smart development – consistent with the character of our community
- Strengthen business to grow jobs
- Sustainable City that maintains streets and preserves the environment